Kelly F. Barr has nominated me for the Liebster Award! What is the Liebster Award? It’s an award for smaller blogs that other bloggers think are enjoyable and noteworthy — thank you, Kelly(:)). According to dict.cc, Liebster is a German word meaning ‘beloved’ in English.
Blogs are nominated for the award by other bloggers in hopes the award will draw more traffic to the nominated blogs, and that they would get more views. If a blogger accepts the nomination for the Liebster Award, he/she needs to follow the guidelines in the post written by the nominator.
The guidelines Kelly gave me are this –
- I’m supposed to nominate ten blogs. However, there are several blogs that I enjoy immensely whose authors may not appreciate being bombarded with something like this. In fact, I a little skeptical about the reception I may receive from the ones I picked. Nevertheless, here are the six bloggers I feel will receive this well. (To the six bloggers: If you would rather not be involved with this, all you have to do is ignore this post.)
- Finding Beauty In Spite of Myself
- 1950 Memories of Suburban Adventures
- Belle of the Carnival’s Blog
- No Ordinary Girl
- Madge Madigan’s Blog
- Create ten questions for the nominees to answer.
- Answer the ten questions the nominator gives you.
- Create a post about the Liebster Award and include your lists and guidelines for the award.
- Be sure to display the award in the post you write about the Liebster Award and display the award permanently on your blog.
Ten Questions for the Nominees
- What period in your life would you consider the best?
- What is the name of your best friend?
- If you could have coffee with anyone in the world (living or has passed on), who would that person be?
- What country (other than the one you are currently in) would you like to live in?
- Do you like fruits or vegetables the best?
- Do you believe in ghosts/spirits?
- What type of writing do you prefer? (prose, poem, fiction, nonfiction, a specific genre, etc.)
- If you could live during a different time in history, where in time would that be?
- What season are you?
- What do you fear most?
Of course, Kelly has ten questions for me to answer. My answers are…
Who/What is your favorite storybook character?: Eeyore from Winnie-the-Pooh
Why do you write a blog?: Like most, I want to express myself. In addition, I’m using my blog as a place to practice my writing skills.
If you could interview any famous/notorious person, past or present, whom would it be and why?: Katherine the Great is my choice because her life decided, to some extent, what my life would be.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?: I would live on the Greek island of Crete.
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?: Jamocha Almond Fudge
What cartoon character are you most like?: Eeyore, of course!
What do you like to do when you’re home alone?: Read a book or watch a movie
Have you ever danced in the rain?: Yes, as a kid I did.
What advice would you give your thirteen-year-old self?: Stop obsessing about how your body looks.
What one thing do you most want to accomplish before your life is through?: See Europe one more time.
I have seen others give this award requiring other activities that I didn’t see listed at Kelly’s blog. Because this is an award given by the nominees that choose to participate, I doubt that the guidelines are chiseled in stone. If you think I should be giving more in this post, just tell me what those things are and I will try to accommodate.
Please visit one or more of the six blogs I’ve listed above. After all, that’s why this award existed.