I’m a little earlier this week with this post. 😛
Life can get hectic at times and it usually chooses the most inopportune moment to do it. Here I come up with this total unoriginal idea for my blog (one regular post and one 7-day summary of writing and what-not) and my personal life gets all screwy.
Well, here’s what has been going on:
- Hubby had gallbladder surgery March 9th. He’s been recovering nicely, but a few days ago he started milking the situation for all that it’s worth. Of course, this is just my opinion. Maybe he isn’t feeling as good as he was when he first came home from the hospital. I’ll just let things be and watch from a distance.
- The WIP isn’t as far as I’d like it to be, but I am making progress. I’ve done the first scene summary, 2 character development sheets, and have started writing the first scene. I’m starting out by writing the scene in longhand to see if my clarity is better that way. Because I’m using a pen instead of a pencil, I’m seeing and having to keep my mistakes and the sentences I adjust. Is this good or bad? I don’t know yet.
- This last week’s regular post was a writing prompt. Probably most of these posts will be this. It was a little fluffy for me but, at the same time, the overall theme was good.
- The days are getting a little warmer. I’m anxiously waiting for it to be warm enough for me to sit in the car-port to have some time for reflective thinking.
- During this past week, I’ve felt myself pulling away and becoming more unorthodox and withdrawn. This could be something selfish on my part, but I find myself wondering why I’m letting others govern how I act and who I am. In many ways, these unaccustomed feelings are accelerating. I know, how can being withdrawn be stimulating. All I can say is that it’s nice not being weighed down with so many things that I know I can’t do anything about.
This next week I want to get that first scene done, write my regular post (of course), and work hard at making this house more of the home I want it to be.
How was your week?