The northern hemisphere is about to embark on the warmer days of the year. Although I’m glad to get rid of the glum cloud filled days of winter that seem to always linger on into the Spring, I’m not so sure I want those hot days that last until the middle of September or later.
My Weekly Recap
- Yesterday Hubby went through the formality of going for an interview with the organization he’d prefer to work for. That is if they can keep him at the pay he had when he left there over a year ago. If it doesn’t work out, he’ll work for the other company doing the same thing because the physical exertion won’t be as much.
- I’ve started doing “chair exercises”. Until my right knee gets limbered up, I’m staying off the floor for mat exercises because I may not be able to get back up without hurting myself.
- I’ve started keeping a personal journal. I’m having trouble remembering to write in it every day. I am getting some writing down every other day though. Not a bad start.
- My WIP is still moving along. I’m in the middle section now. In previous attempts, this is where I’ve fallen apart. All of a sudden, I haven’t known how to get to the end. This time is different. Despite the fact that I’m a pantser, I have mental plans for where this story is going and how it’s going to get there. Big improvement? I think so. Word Count: 10130, Hours: 11.3. Ta-da! I made my mark this time. 😀
- Housework only got a lick and promise this last week. Once Hubby starts working again, I know the chores will be so much easier to get done. I did get the carport straightened up but it isn’t clean yet.
Next Week’s Plans
- Get to the cleaning of the carport. It can’t be that difficult. I’m hoping that Hubby is working at least part of this next week so I can actually get the housecleaning done.
- Keep up the exercise. Maybe try 15 minutes on the stationary bike Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- My target for my WIP this next week is 13,000 words and am not changing the number of hours.
- Continue writing in the personal journal and lengthen the entries.
I’m bothered be about how inefficient I still am. I used to have a super clean house all the time and still had time for other things. Sure, I’m older now, but I’m not ancient yet. I should be able to do more that what I’m achieving so far. I’m sure some will say, “Don’t push so hard.” I do better — much better when I do push hard, plus I like myself better when I get things completed. The only way to do that is work at it.