For the first time in months, my week didn’t drag. Chances are it’s all because I have a schedule to keep up with, and by doing this weekly review, I’m feeling more obligated to myself. I still have plenty of time to lollygag, but even that is scheduled for certain times.
This Last Week
- I was on the stationary bike three times. Yay! The first time my legs felt tired afterward, but after that I started feeling a little energized after the ride.
- Hubby is back to his job. Except for the retesting in July to make sure he knows about the medications the guys take, he’s done with the retraining. Monday through Thursday he works a nine-hour shift. On Fridays he works four hours.
- WIP: I have one more character to introduce in the story and she isn’t a major one. Although I’ve been writing the development sheets for all of the major characters, only one is adequate, none are really complete. I think I’ll work on that this weekend while Hubby is over at his mom’s. Word count: 20,042, Hours: 10.25 YAY!
- This personal journal thing is a vexation. I know it shouldn’t be, and I certainly don’t want it to be. I have things bouncing around in my head that I really do want to leave somewhere else — like a personal journal. I wrote in it twice all week. Disgraceful! With that said, however, I didn’t do as much complaining in it. Instead, I just discussed what was going on during my days.
- I took a little time to sit outside and just watch the world go by. I’m going to be doing that most days now. It’s just a ten-minute break but being outside seems to really help my mood.
Next Week’s Plans
- WIP: I was so close to 3000 words for this last week, I could almost taste it. This next week I intent to make that 3000 word mark. If I get the character sheet done (which I’m going to be pushing myself on), getting to this mark shouldn’t be much of a problem because I won’t have to stop and check information about the characters so often. You know, write it one, write it twice, third time it’s stuck in your head.
- Hopefully there will be “me time” outside every evening.
- Household chores will be done during the morning or late afternoon. (I will not miss my “down” time after the mid-day meal.)
- I will continue to try to write in the journal. This is a mentally healthy activity.
- I will continue to get on that stationary bike — maybe more often. 😛
Sometimes I wonder if life is too short for all of this routine stuff. Because I don’t have what many call a job, maybe I should be spending time smelling more of the roses. However, without a schedule for each day, I lose myself in laziness, depression, and self-loathing. Definitely not a good way to be.
What does this next week look like for you?