It’ll be the first of June on Monday. This May seemed awfully long. Usually it rushes by and be for I even blink, it’s getting close the U.S. holiday of Independence Day, July 4th. The Memorial Day weekend that ended five days ago was uneventful. In the past, Hubby and I have spent it with his family. Chances are, that won’t be happening anymore. It’s a very long story, and I refuse to go into detail here.
Last Week’s Review
- I got on the stationary bike four times. Yay! I’m not shedding pounds and I doubt I ever will. Nevertheless, my energy level is up a little.
- Except for Miya’s long fur, the house is relatively clean. That is except for a mess around Hubby’s swivel chair in the ‘computer room’. Even though he should be the one to straighten it up, I may do it later today or tomorrow morning. I wish I could live with clutter and gunk but it bothers me to the point of insanity sometimes.
- The WIP: I made it. I got over the 3000 mark, 3142 words this week. Now that I’m near the end of chapter 10, it’s obvious to me that I’m going to have to explain more when I do the first revision. I’m assuming the reader is going to follow along without much detail. (Not a reasonable inference, is it?) I’m not showing enough of each character — how they dress, what they’re doing during events in the story, facial expressions, etc. And I don’t think anyone can picture the town it’s all happening in either. That has to be remedied. It’ll get done. From what I’ve read about first drafts, most are sketchy at best. Word count: 24,184
- Although I haven’t got into a rhythm with the personal journal, my entries are getting longer and I still am learning how not to complain all the time in it.
- I got my hair cut. It was down just barely past my shoulders. I am now wearing my hair in a pixie cut. Yep, quite a change. In reality, I used to wear it short all the time. I just have one of those faces that looks better without so much hair around it. When there’s a day that my hair looks exceptionally good, I’ll have Hubby take a picture of me to show all of you.
Next Week’s Plan
- I’ll keep on with the bike peddling. For now, I think four times a week is good.
- I’m going to try to talk Hubby into taking me for a drive south of here. The town I’m using in my WIP is down there. I’d like to actually go on some of the streets there and just get a better feel for where my characters live.
- The WIP: I’ll do another 3000 words or more. I’ll be working on how to incorporate three characters more. If this was a movie, it would be the roles of the support actors that I work on. This story is about the inner struggle of a young woman and the real life struggle of a family she’s trying to help. (My one-sentence summary) If what I’ve read is true, my genre is Literary Fiction. If you know different from this, please tell me.
I didn’t put anything in about the ‘me time’ outside. It was intentional. Although it is a little part of my life, it really isn’t something I’m trying to improve on.
If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.
– Rabindranath Tagore