Officially, it isn’t summer yet but if you go by the temperatures here, it can’t be anything else. I am living in constant a/c. It wouldn’t be that bad outside if it wasn’t for the humidity. I don’t like fake air. Yes, I know I complain too much about it. It’s just that I’m a westerner where there isn’t any humidity.
Last Week’s Capers
- I’ve been reading more this past week. The book that was lent to me last week was thought-provoking and, in some places, mind-blowing. Rachel Aaron’s words were common sense that, I’m sure, some writers miss. I know I was missing the cues for them. I finished the book and have notes on it.
- I’ve gone back to the beginning of my WIP. No, I haven’t deleted what I’ve already written, but I will be using it more as notes and a little copy and paste into a whole new first draft. I’ve completed a plot outline, a novel summary, character profiles, and have started scene outlines. Am I being redundant? No, not really. Each one is either from a different angle or is more in depth. (I think in deductive sequences.)
- I wish I had a housecleaning fairy. It’s a constant battle. And I just can’t let it stay dirty. I was raised by neat freaks.
- Bike riding was the same.
Next Week’s Escapades
- The same generous writer lent me another book, Write Better, Faster by Monica Leonelle. I’m on chapter 4 now. It’s going slow because I’m taking notes as I read.
- WIP: I’ll be finishing the scene outlines and going back to fill in with more details. I’m going to have to figure out a way to slide the subplot in because it gives more understanding of the main character and what’s going on with her internally. Plus, it’s the other side of the coin of the title.
- Of course, ride the bike. It does help me unwind and any physical exercise I’m able to do, I should do.
This week’s progress post is so short. I can’t help it. The long days of summer are like this. I hope the next week goes well for you. ❤